Total Pageviews

Friday, September 18, 2026

Friday Nite Check In

 


That's a load of limbs from Dave Soha's property across the road from The Ranch getting ready to head on down our driveway.  I had previously written about hauling a few loads of limbs from the tree you can that is trimmed up.  Those limbs were blocking the road and I thought it was a good idea to lend a neighborly hand..., I mentioned that I could use the limbs to shore up the cut bank on south side of the property above the county road that was slowly sloughing off...,

 https://scottrthequillayutecowboy.blogspot.com/2026/06/friday-nite-check-in_0285770381.html

And I also wrote about depositing some of my own limbs over the eroding bank...,

https://scottrthequillayutecowboy.blogspot.com/2026/07/friday-nite-check-in_030836265.html

Not only that..., about a year ago I trimmed up some apple trees and made some major deposits over the bank...,

https://scottrthequillayutecowboy.blogspot.com/2025/08/friday-nite-check-in_8.html

So when Dave took down another hazard tree back behind the old house, he offered to haul some of the limbs over in his big dump trailer..., and I told him to, "Go ahead on 'er!".


Once you get through the brushy and narrow part of the driveway...,


There is a bit more area for maneuverability.


Since I had been making deposits along one portion of the bank already..., it was built up enough that the dump trailer would leave a portion of the load up on level ground..., but I had the chain saw handy and could munch up the limbs into sizes that I could pitch further over the bank.


That wasn't a problem with the next two loads..., I had cut down the berry bushes further along the bank where that hadn't been any prior deposits...,


Yeah..., both of those loads disappeared with no help from me..., or the chain saw 👍


I was feeling pretty frisky after getting away with no work for me on the last two loads..., that in a fit of "temporary" (I hope) insanity..., I had Dave dump the last load up on the other end where I could chunk it up and throw it over in areas where we can't get the trailer.  And in the interest of full disclosure..., I wasn't feeling quite frisky enough to tackle that pile until the next day 😊

I promised to let you know how the last row of taters were looking in last weeks post..., I dug about half a dozen hills and couldn't be more please with the results..., but I better save the pictures for next weeks post..., I should be recovered sufficiently from the "limbing" by then to get some more digging done..., 

No comments:

Post a Comment