Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Mike Norman Economics: Stop being a stooge!

Mike Norman Economics: Stop being a stooge!

I posted this over at The Agonist as a diary piece.  I said, "Found this over at Mike Norman Economics..., tjfxh contributues over there, but this one is from Mike. Not sure if he penned these or not. Yeah, I'm awake. A whole lot of truth in a few simple statements. But I would add just a 12th observation...,12. None of this will be resolved until we get..., campaign finance reform."

2 comments:

  1. Good list--I just shared the version you had on Facebook. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment & share James. Didn't get any over at The Agonist. The MNE blog is primarily a Modern Monetary Theory (MMT) site. I haven't bought into MMT..., though it makes some very valid points. The biggest problem is that it is..., like all monetary systems..., built on the idea that "economic growth" is sustainable in the long run. I think that the effort to financialize the economic system has run it's course and the expiration of the resource economy was what led to that effort. I'm with Guy on this..., we better be making individual preparations for what's coming because there isn't a political option that is being seriously considered. And I hope you are right..., that Romney doesn't have a chance..., but recent correspondence from a few of my "old hippie" friends has me scratching my head over their stances. Hope to have a piece up about it sometime soon. In the meantime partner..., right on..., write on.

    ReplyDelete