The Potato Garden needs a little weed whacker attention that I have been neglecting..., due to most of my attention being focused on Charlie Horse and the new Round Pen. Truth be known..., I haven't been pushing Charlie too hard..., I don't want him to get bored and fussy..., I have just been being a bit lazy. A couple of 80 degree days earlier in the week and a rainy day after that gave me an acceptable excuse..., to my way of thinking..., to be lazy.
The lack of attention to The Garden hasn't hurt the plants any..., there are already some of them that are flowering. That could be a good deal..., I don't have many spuds left from last years crop..., so I may be digging up a few in the not too distant future.
And I will be able to boil them up..., as well as the eggs I planned to hard boil for Egg Salad sandwiches..., now that I have installed the new propane tank regulator. Yeah..., I had the eggs in a pan of water ready to boil on the stove..., but my burner was just putting out a pitiful flame..., not enough to heat a cup of water, let along a pan of eggs..., and no flame at all if I tried to activate an additional burner. That was on Tuesday..., so no Egg Salad..., and I usually boil up extra potatoes so I can just microwave the extras for additional meals..., but I had no excess as fate would have it. I had to resort to microwaving baked potatoes..., something that I am not too fond of..., the microwave just doesn't ever seem to evenly cook a baked potato in my experience..., and cooking a Rib Steak in the big electric frying pan isn't much of a problem..., but washing the big SOB is like being assigned KP duty in the Army. That non-stick 10" skillet is just right for a Rib Steak..., and doesn't entail any extra duty on the cleaning end.
Amazon Prime to the rescue..., they did offer to send me one model by the following day !!! But it was one that would automatically switch tanks when one ran out. I didn't want that feature. It can be a bit frustrating to have to go out and manually switch the regulator to a full tank when one runs out..., especially if it happens in the middle of cooking super at night..., in the dark..., and it's raining. But it is not as bad as going out to find out that both tanks are empty 😩. So I opted for the manual switch option and two day delivery..., and after installation I have burner flames that are as big and blue as any I have ever seen..., or as DJT would say..., "as the world has ever seen."
Well..., speaking of frustrations..., James McMurtry nails it in this one for your Friday Nite Music Video..., though he mispronounces Coeur d' Alene...,
"Back to Coeur d' Alene"



No comments:
Post a Comment