I suppose you all will accuse me of taking a "selfie"..., that doesn't make me look old, fat and bald? Well..., I might have gained a pound or two this week..., an inch and a half of rain on Sunday..., half and inch on Monday..., and another half an inch on Tuesday..., kept me from working off any excess weight. The Garden wasn't the only thing that loved it..., The Driveway and The Pastures did too..., but The Driveway expressed it more than The Pastures. I finally ran out of gas..., and the weed eater ran out of string enough times that I was damn tired of restringing it and gave up for the day on Wednesday. I had other duties to keep me busy on Thursday..., but I almost finished it up on Friday..., but needed to save some strength to take on the neglected Garden that I mentioned and pictured last week.
After I got all the weed eating done I saddled up Charlie Horse and ran him through his paces out in The Round Pen. He seems to be taking it well though most of the "ground work" is geared toward gentling down a young colt and teaching it to respect and obey you so you can handle his feet so there are no farrier problems and you can get a saddle on him for further training. I had already done a couple years of hoof trimming on him..., and this year turned that duty over to a real farrier because my old back just won't take it any more. I have already had him saddled him up several times and have no trouble catching him or leading him around the property. I figure that the extra training won't hurt a thing and he is still pretty spooky so I will be moving on to "sacking" him to help in that respect..., and a few other lessons before I swing into the saddle myself.
I mentioned the rain earlier..., so a little Johnny Rivers ought to be appropriate for your Friday Nite Music Video...,



No comments:
Post a Comment