Total Pageviews

Friday, October 9, 2026

Friday Nite Check In


 Well..., I didn't let those damn spiders get this big this year..., I started "taking care" of them early.  I wrote about the spiders last year around this time..., noting that I dispatched 57 of the bastards in one day.

https://scottrthequillayutecowboy.blogspot.com/2025/10/friday-nite-check-in-on-saturday-yet.html

I have probably killed that many over the last month or so..., but only a few most every day.  I have to admit..., I sometimes think that I resemble Woody Allen when I am killing spiders...,


Other than that, it has been a pretty good week weather wise and the .4 inches of rain last night was timed just right so it didn't interfere with getting the chores done.  The alder trees are losing leaves so I have plenty to mix with the horse manure for garden compost..., and plenty more on top of that to keep me busy.  The apple trees are shedding the apples that I couldn't reach with the rake now and I have to keep on my toes to keep Charlie Horse from eating them all.

Can't think of much more for now..., so I will just hope that I am making all the right moves for your Friday Nite Music Video...,



Lyrics
All of a sudden now you're back againI thought you were happy with whoever or did you dream about me now and thenDid you look up at the stars and feel something for the constellationsAll those lovers circling round their lovesSlings and arrows, dogs and lions, rivers separating touch from touchThe comedy of distance, the tragedy of separation
Am I making all the right movesAm I singing you the right bluesIs there a chance that I could call youJust to see how you are doing?
I said how is it that you come back to me?You don't need the stories of my scars or in the stars to tell you nothing's freeI traded all the innocence I ever had for hesitationI said won't you tell me where you been?You put a finger to my lips and then you kissed me once and once againThe crickets all leapt up and met the moon with a standing ovation
Am I making all the right movesAm I singing you the right bluesIs there a chance that I could call youJust to see how you are doing?
I heard the night birds picking up the songYou threw your hair back and sang alongAnd I realized that I might lose you you might lose meDrift apart in the night and never know why and not know howI said what if we are like the Northern sky?What if there are things that come between us that we can't take back and we can't make right?You said I don't know darlin' but I'm here with youAnd we're coming to the chorus now!
Am I making all the right movesAm I singing you the right bluesIs there a chance that I could call youJust to see how you are doing?
Source: Musixmatch
Songwriters: Joshua Ritter

2 comments:

  1. Scott, Fridays song๐Ÿ‘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks..., it's one of my favorite Josh Ritter tunes ๐ŸŽถ ๐Ÿ˜Ž

      Delete