Total Pageviews

Friday, September 25, 2026

Friday Nite Check In


 Well..., I promised to post some more potato pictures for you this week in my piece last week.  I hope I don't overdose you 😉  I started harvesting the second row early this week..., I would have preferred to wait a bit longer to let the skins toughen up a little..., but the weather forecast for later in the week and beyond induced me to get busy in the dry dirt instead of the mud..., and I am glad I did.  We got about half an inch of rain on Thursday..., it kind of drizzled all day long and I even wussed out on the dog shit and horse manure chores and Charlie Horse Playpen duties.  Today we got 1.1 inches of rain before noon..., but it turned off nice and even sunny in the afternoon..., so did double duty on the outdoor chores..., and I decided to hold off on sacking up the spuds until tomorrow 😁.   These are the dandies from the first days diggings that I will save for seed potatoes.


They can't all be seed potato size and quality..., but there are a few here that wouldn't fit on the Ridge Runner Warming Table for the first picture.


The second days harvest produced lots more of those seed potatoes...,


Once again..., there just wasn't enough room on the Ridge Runner Warming Table for all the seed potatoes..., and they can't all be big spuds.


I got this shot of The Garden before I dug up the last few plant hills at the end of the second row..., it is gone now..., and the results are pictured below.


Here's the last batch of the season..., still a little damp from the washing process..., about average for one five gallon bucket for the day.  The previous two days were two bucket days..., and I am happy have the harvest completed before the monsoon season hits.  In the early years I had waited to harvest until the first killing frost had killed back the green plants because I had read that somewhere..., but that made for some muddy harvests and I don't think it made any better spuds than I get with the earlier harvests.


I noticed that I must have been in a hurry last week..., and neglected to post a Friday Nite Music Video.  This week I was thinking of a song that I had posted long ago on Facebook..., and low and behold my Google News Feed posted a link to a story about the artist that sang the song that was written by Neil Young.  A sad story of a gal who passed away way too early..., Nicolette Larson.

https://parade.com/entertainment/beloved-70s-singer-who-sang-with-linda-ronstadt-and-neil-young-was-all-but-forgotten-after-her-death-at-45

There is a link in the story to a YouTube video of the song..., but I will link to it here as well..., I am not sure how long the Google link will be available to view.




No comments:

Post a Comment